Friday, August 22, 2008

That Girl

I am the young girl standing at the corner. Crying and afraid. Not knowing where to go or who to turn to. Knowing she is alone. I am the girl discovering the world. Wandering farther and farther every time. I am the girl growing in confidence. I am the girl, crying and afraid. Abandoned once again. Taken to a place, then abandoned adn betrayed. I am the girl who stopped her tears and put up walls. I am the girl who finally felt safe for the first time in her life. I am the girl who finally felt care for and accepted, the way she never felt before. I am the girl who was taken away from that place she was accepted and understood. The girl who then realized exactly how much she did not belong at home. The girl who was depressed and then suffered greadly for many weeks. The girl who then came back to school and was welcomed, but still felt unaccepted, misunderstood, and undeserving. The girl who lost so much, and now clings desperately to what she has. I am that girl.

1 comment:

Da Joker said...

Your My girl, the only one i want, the only one I will ever hold.